The Federal Government has launched the guidelines for its Smart Cities and Suburbs Subsidy Program.
In all, there is $50 million in the program, but the first round is for $10 million.
The framework indicates the Government is looking to fund ‘ambitious and transformational proposals which move local government services beyond ‘business as usual’. The first round of grants must deliver quick wins, with eligible projects required to be able to start within two months of receiving the funding green light.
Individual grants will range from $100,000 to $5 million, but to prove their ‘commitment to the project’ applicants are being asked to contribute at least half of their project funding from other sources.
Paul Budde, the president of the Australian Smart Communities Association, has written an excellent program summary available here.
Citizens are central to the program. The guidelines call for a mandatory citizen engagement program and user participation in projects that will receive funding.
iProximity’s Citizen Engagement Program meets all the requirements of the draft Subsidy Guidelines namely:
- Citizen outcome and participation focused
- Available to be live within an 8-week window
- Cooperation focussed for both the local community, local business, City visitors, and partner cities
- Generates real-time insights to citizen movement and activities within a City and can make the anonymised data available to the City’s public data feed
- Ability to assess the success of the program through relevant data
We offer a technology platform and program solution that:
- Better engages citizens seeking to resolve persistent urban problems and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of service delivery;
- Incorporates collaboration of multi-sector partners to harness the expertise and capabilities to deliver targeted, locally-relevant people focussed smart city outcomes using smart technology;
- Increases the livability of cities by applying smart technology solutions to engage citizens and open access to public data to drive further local innovation.
Please download a copy of our Smart City Citizen Engagement Program brochure.
We would like to arrange to meet with your smart city team to further detail our Program and determine the possibility of cooperating with your City to seek a subsidy for the deployment of the Program in your City. Please Contact us Here
With a focus on Smart City Solutions iProximity provides technology, platforms and software that connects digital information with physical spaces. We mesh Beacons, NFC, RFID, IoT sensors, IoT Platforms, smartphones and digital signs through our cloud-based rules and management iPX™ platform to your data systems delivering results and experiences that engage, surprise and delight. We focus on building bespoke IoT solutions and delivering contextual, proximity information and marketing programs. Read More about Our Smart City Initiatives